- Protects pumps, motors and other equipment against low or no flow
- Controls sequential operation of pumps
- Automatically starts auxiliary pumps and engines
- Stops liquid cooled engines, machines and processing when coolant flow is interrupted
- Shuts down burner when air flow through heating coil fails
- Controls dampers according to flow
Features & Benefits
- Leak proof body machined from bar stock
- Choice of custom vane calibrated for your application, Model V4, or field adjustable multilayer vane, Model V4-2-U
- Weatherproof, designed to meet NEMA 4
- Installs directly and easily into pipeline with a threaded branch connection, tee, or flange
- Can be used in pipes 1-1/2″ and up
- Electrical assembly can be easily replaced without removing the unit from installation so that the process does not have to be shut down
- High pressure rating of 1000 psig (69 bar) with the brass body and 2000 psig (138 bar) with the 316 SS body
Service: Gases or liquids compatible with wetted materials.
Wetted Materials: Vane: 316 SS; Body: Brass or 316 SS standard; Magnet Keeper: 430 SS standard, 316 SS optional; Options: Other materials also available, consult factory (e.g. PVC, Hastelloy, Nickel, Monel, Titanium).
Temperature Limit: -4 to 275°F (-20 to 135°C) standard, MT high temperature option 400°F (205°C) [MT option not UL, CSA, ATEX or SAA].
Pressure Limit: Brass body 1000 psig (69 bar), 316 SS body 2000 psig (138 bar), optional 5000 psig (345 bar) available with 316 SS body and SPDT switch only.
Enclosure Rating: Weatherproof [meets NEMA 4 (IP65)] and Explosion-proof. Listed with UL and CSA for Class I, Groups C and D; Class II, Groups E, F, and G. ATEX CE 0344 EX II 2 G EEx d IIB T6 -20°C≤Tamb≤75°C, EC-Type Certificate No.: KEMA 03ATEX 2383. SAA: Exd C T6 (T amb=60°C), Zone I. Also FM approved.
Switch Type: SPDT snap switch standard, DPDT snap switch optional.
Electrical Rating: UL, FM ATEX and SAA models 10A @ 125/250 VAC. CSA models: 5A @ 125/250 VAC; 5A res., 3A ind. @ 30 VDC . MV option: 1A @125 VAC; 1A res., .5A ind. @ 30 VDC. MT option: 5A @ 125/250 VAC. [MT and MV option not UL, CSA, FM, ATEX or SAA].
Electrical Connections: UL and CSA models: 16 AWG, 6″ (152 mm) long. ATEX and SAA unit: Terminal block.
Conduit Connection: 3/4″ female NPT.
Process Connection: 1-1/2″ male NPT.
Mounting Orientation: Within 5° of vertical for proper operation. Units for horizontal installation (vertical pipe with up flow) available.
Set Point Adjustment: For universal vane: five vane combinations.
Weight: 4 lb 8 oz (1.9 kg).
Agency Approvals: UL, CSA, CE, FM, SAA and ATEX.