With the housing molded from mineral and glass filled nylon and the lens molded from acrylic, the gage will withstand rough use and exposure as well as high total pressure. The 5% accuracy and low cost of the Minihelic® II gage make it well-suited for a wide variety of OEM and user applications. OEM applications include cabinet air purging, medical respiratory therapy equipment, air samplers, laminar flow hoods, and electronic air cooling systems. As an air filter gage, the Minihelic® II gage finds many end use applications on large stationary engines, compressors, ventilators, and air handling units. The Minihelic® II gage is suitable for many of the same applications as the Magnehelic® gage where the greater accuracy, sensitivity, and higher and lower differential pressure ranges of the Magnehelic® gage are not required.
- Room Positive Pressure Sensing
- Local Indication on Filter Status
- Face Velocity on Fume Hood
- Duct Pressures
Features & Benefits
- Housing is molded from strong mineral and glass filled nylon.
- Pointer stops of molded rubber prevent pointer over-travel without damage.
- Full view lens is removable and molded of tough acrylic.
- Aluminum scale litho-printed black on white, enhances readability.
- Red tipped aluminum pointer, rigidly mounted to helix is easy to see.
- Wishbone assembly provides mounting for helix, helix bearings, and pointer shaft.
- Jewel bearings provide virtually friction-free helix motion.
- Helix is free to rotate in jewel bearings. It aligns with magnetic field of magnet to transmit pressure indications to pointer.
- Zero adjustment screw, located behind the removable lens, eliminates tampering.
- Range spring calibration clamp fixes live length of spring for proper gage calibration and is factory set and sealed.
- Silicone rubber diaphragm allows accurate response to a broad range of temperatures and at extremely low pressure. Incorporates blow out area for overpressure protection.
- Diaphragm support plates of lightweight aluminum on each side of the diaphragm minimize position or attitude sensitivity and help define pressure area.
- Flat leaf range spring reacts to pressure on the diaphragm. Live length is adjustable for calibration. Small amplitude of motion minimizes inaccuracies and assures long life.
- Low pressure tap connects to rear chamber.
- Coil spring link provides a resilient connection between the diaphragm and the range spring.
- Ceramic magnet mounted on a molded bracket at the end of the range spring rotates the helix without direct mechanical linkage.
- High pressure tap connects with the front chamber through passageway in the plastic case and a sealing ring molded into the edgeof the diaphragm.
Service: Air and compatible gases.
Wetted Materials: Consult factory.
Housing: Glass filled nylon; acrylic lens.
Accuracy: ±5% of FS at 70°F (21.1°C).
Pressure Limits: 30 psig (2.067 bar) continuous to either pressure connection.
Temperature Limits: 20 to 120°F (-6.67 to 48.9°C).
Mounting Orientation: Diaphragm in vertical position. Consult factory for other position orientations.
Process Connections: Barbed, for 3/16″ ID tubing (standard); 1/8″ male NPT (optional).
Weight: 6 oz (170.1g).
Agency Approvals: RoHS.