Liquid carry over from the pipeline into the sample conditioning system should be prevented when sampling natural gas as it can directly impact the accuracy of the compositional analysis and also damage the analyzer. Industry standards state that equipment used to remove liquid from the sample must be operated at flowing temperature and pressure conditions Genie® Probes™ provide a means to insert Genie® Membrane Technology™ directly into a pipeline for the purpose of separating unwanted liquid and particulate from the gas sample at flowing temperature and pressure conditions, in compliance with industry standards.
The GPR™ consists of a housing and a membrane tip probe regulator. The housing is installed in a depressurized pipeline through a vertically mounted thread-o-let or flange, and contains a “foot valve” in its lower end. Inserting the probe into the housing opens the “foot valve”, allowing pipeline gas to flow freely through the membrane. The sample pressure is reduced immediately downstream of the membrane, inside of the pipeline. Heat is transferred from the pipeline to the regulator to prevent excessive Joule-Thomson cooling, which helps prevent condensation during pressure regulation. Retracting the probe from the housing closes the foot valve, making it possible to perform probe maintenance without depressurizing the pipeline. This insertion/retraction method is considerably less expensive and complex than pneumatic or hydraulic methods.
A regulator manifold is available with a pressure gauge, ball valve, and relief valve attached.
- Extract a representative sample from a multi-phase gas source
- Pressure Regulation
- Protection against liquids
- Online and portable analyzers
- BTU, H2S, Moisture, and others
- API 14.1, GPA 2166 and ISO 10715 probe compliance
- Pipeline gas helps to temperature change at regulation point
- Helps to preserve sample integrity
- Helps to improve safety of personnel and equipment
- Does not require hydraulic fluid
- Probe maintenance without line depressurization
- Genie® Membrane Technology™
- Pressure regulation at probe tip, inside of pipeline
- Vibration resistant
- No dead volume
- Low internal volume
- J-slot safety