Liquid carryover from the pipeline into the sample system should be prevented when sampling natural gas as it can directly impact the analysis and damage the analyzer. Industry standards state that the equipment used to remove the liquid from the sample must be operated at flowing temperature and pressure conditions. Genie® Probes™ provide a means to insert Genie® Membrane Technology™ directly into a pipeline for the purpose of separating unwanted liquid and particulate from the gas sample at flowing conditions.
The Model 755™ is an adjustable length, membrane tip probe regulator designed to sample transmission quality natural gas. The pressure regulator is built into the probe immediately downstream of the membrane, inside of the pipeline. Heat is transferred from the flowing pipeline gas to the regulator to prevent excessive Joule-Thomson cooling, helping to prevent condensation during pressure letdown.
The Model 755™ can be inserted and extracted from a pressurized line through a full opening valve without the use of a special insertion device. It is offered with threaded or flanged process connections, and optional coatings from Silcotek™. It can be mounted vertically or horizontally, and its installation process is simple and straight forward.
- Gas sampling and pressure regulation of transmission quality natural gas and various types of refinery and petrochemical gases
Note: This product is not recommended for sample streams containing Hydrogen in concentrations above the lower explosive limit (LEL).
- Protection of the sample system from liquid and particulate contaminants while maintaining sample integrity
- Flowing pipeline gas helps to offset temperature changes at regulation point
- Easy, quick, and safe insertion and extraction from pressurized systems without a special insertion device
- Horizontal or vertical mounting
- Velocity tested by CEESI flow lab up to 200 ft/sec
- API, GPA & ISO standard compliance
- Unique, one piece body with Genie® Membrane Technology™
- Analytically Correct™ design
- Adjustable length with threaded or flanged process connection
- Proprietary antifriction coating with internal thread die
- Optional speed wrench for faster installation